Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 8 in Seattle: Handmade Goodness

My bouts of craftiness go in spurts. I will work for weeks on knitting, scrapbooking, or sewing projects then take a month or so off. I think this stems from not having a "crafting studio" to really get work done. Now that I think about it, I've not had a studio since I left New York for Seattle. Even there the studio was part time since I had my best friend move into the room for a while. I'll be moving into a 3 bedroom condo/townhouse on July 1st. The third bedroom is small, but definitely large enough for a crafting desk, shelving, and a comfy chair. I'm hoping that will help spark some inspiration and motivation!

The fingerless gloves you see here are my new favourite thing. I've made a few pair in different weight yarns to find my most loved. This yarn is Mission Falls Superwash Merino. It's DELICIOUS. These are super squishy and very toasty. Generally when you are binding off your piece at your fingers you bind off in a way that makes it stretchy. I did the opposite. I bound off so that they have very little give. Let me tell you- best decision ever. Most gloves like this that I've tried stretch out so much they start to fall off you. These are PERFECT.

I'm hoping to find more crafty motivation soon. I find it hard to make good things come from a non-ideal situation, but maybe it's time to change that.

Cheers,
Jill Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment