Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 8 in New York: The L Word{s}

It's not often that I make it down to the big city. Although I live only about 30 miles away, I have it in my head that it's a cumbersome feat of epic proportion. Getting there, navigating my way, having any real purpose or destination - these are factors that frankly, seem insurmountable! Therefore, I in fact, have not been into the city on my own since having moved here about a year ago.

As with all misperceptions that are eventually dashed by reality, this one too has been.

Armored with intention on Friday, I made an early morning trek down to Manhattan. Sure - I missed my train in Port Chester, had to drive 15 minutes south to run and catch the Crestwood blue line. Sure - I then had to ride the train for 30 minutes, wend my way through the millions of commuting masses at Grand Central, catch a shuttle to Times Square and then get on the 1 train for another 10 minutes, and sure - I then had to walk 6 blocks in the pouring rain in heels - but it was all so eaaassssyy!!!

I know it doesn't sound it, but honestly, I was stunned at how relaxed and calm I was throughout the whole endeavor. How easy it is to get into that NY state of mind. After tending to my little errand at the local Law Library, I stopped to enjoy the incredible wealth of beauty that the lights & lines of Lincoln Center had to offer. The city on a whole is so stunning when you take a moment to step back and appreciate the intensity of the architecture around you. It's a never-ending smörgåsbord for the amateur photography hobbiest.

Hopefully I'll be getting down there a little more often in the days to come with any luck.

Cheers,
Breezer M.

No comments:

Post a Comment