Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 4 in Seattle: Meeting Sean Lennon

For the last 2 months I've been taking a mini hiatus from doing Music Photography. Between Moving, my new commute to work, the holidays, and attempting to unpack and settle in, my time has been precious. When I did have free time I was just exhausted.

On Saturday, my first show of 2011, I had the privilege of being the photographer for the last tour date of GOASTT. The band is comprised of Sean Lennon (yes, John Lennon's son), Charlotte Kemp Muhl, and CJ Camerieri on the horn. Usually there are 5 photographers there for various publications, but this night I was the only one! Duma Love from Cibo Matto and Laura Gibson were the opening acts. The show was great. Really low key, not too packed, and full of laughter. After the show I got my CD and set list signed by Sean as well as a hug and photo-op.

Some days I just want to shoot for a living, but I know that's probably not feasible unless I can invest a lot of money and time- both of which I am lacking. So for now, back to the day job.

Cheers,
Jill Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment