Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 3 in Seattle: Birthday Celebration!


Saturday the 22nd was my 28th birthday. I spent the early part of the day lounging around and chatting on the phone. I met 12 friends at Benihana in downtown Seattle for a nice dinner. Benihana is awesome- it totally reminds me of Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse in Liverpool New York, but not as good. Ichiban holds my heart. Benihana is as close as I can get out here. It's one of those we-cook-for-you-at-your-table types of places that also serves sushi and non-hibachi foods. I had my usual "Land & Sea" combo which comes with a shrimp appetizer, onion soup, salad, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms, fried rice, chicken, and beef. DELICIOUS. Oh yea- creme brulee for dessert as well. It was really nice to have my friends join me for a couple hours to celebrate. After dinner ended I headed over to AMC and watched The King's Speech. Highly recommended. I wish my birthday was full of more exciting things, but it was still nice to have down time and just relax. I don't take time to relax enough. This 28th year will be more about me: relaxing, vacationing, creating, and loving. I suggest you do the same.

Cheers,
Jill Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment